There are so many braiding styles that showcase your unique personality.
However, there are a few select styles that people tend to gravitate towards. If you
have any questions about any of these styles we would be happy to discuss with you
during your consultation at our braiding salon. We want to make sure that you
thoroughly understand the process and upkeep of any style we intend to move
forward on. Below are a few of the specific popular styles explained.
- Cornrows: These are one of the most common braiding techniques. Women
have been seen wearing cornrows back to 3,000 B.C. Cornrows are small
rows of braids across the entire head.
- Ghana Braids: These types of braids are also known as banana or fishbone
braids. These braids first appeared in hieroglyphics and sculptures all the
back to 500 B.C.! Each braid starts off small, soft, and natural then the braid
gets thicker and eventually tapers off at the end.
- Fulani Braids: This type of braid involves long hair being put into 5 long
braids that either hang or are looped on the sides with a coiffure in the
middle. These braids are often decorated with beads or cowrie shells.
- Goddess Braids: These braids tend to be thicker cornrows that are raised,
sleek and very defined.
- Box Braids: These types of braids used to signify a symbol of wealth. Box
braids are known for being expensive in terms of time and material as they
can take up to 8 hours to install. Box braids involve square shaped
subdivisions of braids.
- Dreadlocks: Dreadlocks are rope-like strands of hair formed by locked or
braiding the hair. Dreadlocks must be maintained and take time to mature.
As a premiere braiding salon we look forward to helping you find the perfect
style for your personality and lifestyle!